RAID CARD ISSUE

Request:- 4th January 2008 at 13:47
I intsall Fasttrak in p5b-vm DO mainboard.
I have 5 hard disk installed, 2 of them I use onboard (Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager )raid controller to creat Raid 1, the other 3 I connect to Fasttrak and creat raid 5.
the problem is: if I skip fasttrak raid set up by pree then I can see my onboard raid 1. but I can't see the fasttrak raid 5. If I not skip fasttrak setup. then I can only see the fasttrak raid 5.
How can I let them (onboard raid 1 and fasttrak raid 5) work together?

Response:- 7th January 2008 at 13:0
Hi Jim

Thank you for using our solutions for your storage needs. On some of the newer motherboards it might allow you to use two or more RAID controllers in a single system but sometime by running two or more RAID controllers there is chance you will encounter bios or driver conflict and boot issue.

This is due to the motherboard system bios how it assign memory resources to each promise controller. Some controller might require more memory resource than other which will cause an boot issue.

With some of the newer motherboard they have an option called EDBA (Extend Data Bios Area) which fixed the system memory allocation resource issue when using two more promise controllers in the single system. You can check under your Motherboard system bios and see if you have this option to enable.

What we can try is toggling down the bios on the FT TX4310 down to bios version v2.5.1.3116 with this bios version it does not have "Press [Space] key to skip, or other key to continue..." feature.

Here is link to download the FT TX4310 bios.
http://www.promise.com/support/download/download2_eng.asp?productId=165&category=bios&os=0&go=GO

Also tried the FT TX4310 controller in different PCI slot? This might or might not resolve the issue.

Best regard
-Kevin Huynh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FireFox 加速